Is SEO really important for a small business? If you want to know the answer, just ask yourself, have you ever turned to page two while searching something on a search engine? You probably have not.
This gives a clear indication of the fact that SEO is a crucial thing for a small business. Because you will only get traffic on your business if your business is ranking on the first page of a search engine, or else all your efforts will be useless.
Research done by Forrester claims that 93% of online experiences start with a search engine, which means that if you want your business to be successful, you must focus on its SEO.
Now you must be thinking of how to do this SEO, so you don’t need to worry because we hold your back by providing some of the very useful ways you can apply to maximize the outreach of your small business
Have you ever tried to search something on a site and then ended up nowhere? Or find difficulty in reaching out to different pages of that site? It is surely very annoying.
Creating simple and logical navigation and linking each site page to the other is very important, and traffic brings the way. In case your main page of the site does not lead logically to further service pages, then it would be a great loss of traffic from your site.
The rule is simple: keep it logical and straight away if you want your traffic to stay longer on your site
The written content of a website holds great importance in its SEO, no matter if the site is a blog or an e-commerce site.
You need your written content to be properly optimized so that Google can feel easy in ranking your site. Some of the tips which you can apply are:
• Add some written content on each page of your site.
• Try to use at least one main heading (H1 Tag) on each page.
• Use 3-4 sub-headings that will help you to categorize your content.
• Apply relevant keywords where necessary but do not overburden.
Add a Blog
Adding a blog to your site is a recently growing culture because it serves as a great SEO source for small businesses. The reason behind this is that many people love to read blogs, which will help you bring traffic to your business site from your blog.
You can add beneficial information related to your business or your products on your blog to help people know more about your small business.
Focusing on On-page SEO
One of the most beneficial tips to improve your small business SEO includes focusing on your on-page SEO because it is completely in your own hands.
So you can do wonders by just applying some of the easy steps which are:
- Add your specific keyword to the main title of the page.
- Include your specific keyword in your website copy to improve its optimization.
- Adding a few suitable internal and external links to enhance the reliability and optimization of your site.
- Your specific keyword should be a part of your URL to make it easy for Google to rank your site.